We read about dating advice for men all the time; from the importance of using contraceptives, to how to project confidence. Ladies, in this article, we’re going to switch it up – here are a selection of dating tips for you, from men.
At Marie Stopes, we understand that many people avoid getting an HIV test because they are afraid of the result. There’s no need to be afraid; get tested and know your status. HIV is preventable, and you can reduce your risk by knowing your status. Early detection means early treatment and better outcomes. In this article, we explain the different methods of HIV testing.
The reality is that accidents happen. If you have unprotected sex, forget to take birth control pills or a condom breaks during sex, emergency contraception is available to you through Marie Stopes South Africa to prevent an unplanned pregnancy. This type of emergency contraception is known as the morning-after pill. Learn more about the availability of the morning-after pill in South Africa.
The life-threatening risks of abusing any type of drugs e.g. heroin, painkillers such as oxycodone, cocaine, methamphetamines (crystal meth, ecstasy) and marijuana are well documented. However, if you abuse these drugs while pregnant, you’re risking your baby’s health too.
World AIDS Day takes place on 1 December 2018 – a day when people from around the world unite in order to support, fight, educate and spread awareness about HIV/AIDS.
This year, the theme is ‘Know my Status’, aimed at encouraging everyone to get tested for HIV/AIDS and depending on the outcome, have the knowledge to take the appropriate action. It’s vital to understand that with the right treatment, anyone with HIV can live a long and happy life.
Every woman’s fertility timeline is different, but the short answer, according to experts, is that the ability for a woman to become pregnant decreases quite dramatically after the age of 35 – but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to have a baby.
World Contraception Day takes place on September 26th. The campaign’s mission is to promote awareness, provide support and educate the public about the different methods of contraception that are available.
We embrace the importance of the campaign and have therefore compiled a quick-study guide to educate all women in South Africa about the different types of female contraception. This allows them to make an informed decision about which contraceptive methods suit them best.
… Read More
Condoms are effective 98% of the time… so what about the other 2%? That’s what we’re tackling here, to help you take charge of a potentially risky situation. … Read More
Roughly 25% of women fall pregnant accidentally while they’re on birth control. Why? Because they’re either not happy with the method they’re using (and therefore not fully committed to using it properly), or their contraception doesn’t match their lifestyle.… Read More
If you’re still searching the right birth control or you’re not satisfied with the one you’re on, Mirena or the copper IUD might be right for you. Long-acting and around 99% effective, the IUD is the contraceptive option of choice for a significant portion of South African women. … Read More
Think you know everything there is to know about birth control? Here are 10 facts that may surprise you.… Read More
When it comes to contraceptives, there are a handful of common ones that most people rely on, like the pill and the condom. But there are in fact many other types of birth control to choose from, some of which may be better suited to you and your lifestyle than others.… Read More
How many times have you worn shoes that felt uncomfortable or hurt your feet? It’s an unpleasant feeling, and you probably couldn’t wait to pull them off and feel the relief of your bare feet on the floor.… Read More
People try some crazy forms of contraception to avoid falling pregnant. Here we’re sharing some of the weird contraceptives and methods we hear about – but be warned, don’t try these at home!… Read More
For decades, contraception has empowered women and improved their quality of life, giving them the freedom to choose when or if to become parents. … Read More
Maybe the condom broke or perhaps you just got caught up in the moment. Either way, it’s the morning after the night before, and you’ve realised you may be at risk of an unplanned pregnancy. You need an immediate, reliable solution.… Read More