Book an Appointment
Our Marie Stopes Services in Durban
We offer a wide range of sexual and reproductive healthcare services. Visit Marie Stopes conveniently located Abortion clinics in Durban or visit our women clinics for hiv/std testing, contraceptives and pap smears. In addition, we offer a wide range of reproductive health services, including family planning, pre-conception counseling, post-abortion care, and more. If you are looking for quality and affordable abortion services in KwaZulu-Natal, then Marie Stopes is the right choice for you.
Learn more about each of our services by clicking on one below.
Safe Abortion & Post-Abortion Care
Providing access to safe abortion and post-abortion care is at the core of our mission.
We believe that everyone should have the right to choose whether and when to have children, no matter where they live.
HIV & STI Testing
We offer a range of HIV and sexually transmitted infection (STI) treatment services across South Africa.
A pap smear can detect sexually transmitted infections (STIs) as well as early signs of cervical cancer.
Looking for abortion pills for sale in Durban?
Avoid dangerous backstreet abortions and unregulated abortion pills for sale in Durban. Marie Stopes offers safe and legal abortion clinics in Durban and across South Africa. Book a safe abortion clinic near you today.
Types of Abortions
- Medical abortion – The first pill, mifepristone, is taken at the consultation, and the second pill, misoprostol, is taken 24-48 hours later. Misoprostol induces uterine contractions which will expel the pregnancy tissue.
- Methotrexate and misoprostol – Methotrexate is prescribed to stop cancer cells from multiplying and also helps stop cells in the embryo from multiplying. Misoprostol then makes the uterus contract, which expels the pregnancy tissue.
- Vacuum aspiration – Done during the 12-16 weeks of pregnancy. The procedure involves the placenta and fetus being gently sucked out of the uterus. If medical abortion fails to end a pregnancy, vacuum aspiration may be recommended.
- Dilation and evacuation – Typically recommended during the second trimester of pregnancy. This procedure involves a combination of vacuum aspiration and dilation and curettage.
- Induction abortion – During this procedure, you will be given medicine to put you into labor. Your uterus will contract in order to release the pregnancy. A suction or a curette, a spoon-like instrument, will be used to clean out the uterus.
Can’t find an abortion clinic in Durban?
Contact us today to find the services you need at a convenient abortion clinic near you.