Happy Youth Day, South Africa! Today, we’re celebrating you – the future generations of South Africa who have the power to uplift and transform our nation.
Today, and every day of the year, we encourage you to stand tall, take charge of your life and be proud of who you are. And your sexuality is a big part that. It helps to form your identity and turn you into the person you are, so embrace it and get informed! It’s important to be empowered about your sexuality so you can make the best possible choices when it comes to your health and well-being.
Empower yourself through knowledge
Knowledge is power, and that’s especially true when it comes to sex. Without the right information, you could find yourself in a tricky position, facing unplanned pregnancy or STIs. And that’s not what sex is supposed to be about.
Safe sex is something to be celebrated and enjoyed. It’s fun and exciting, and it enables you to express yourself and your feelings for someone else. So empower yourself by getting the correct information – and we’re here to help with that.
Some of the common sexual health questions we get asked include:
- What are the symptoms of STIs?
- What are the long-term effects and consequences of STIs?
- Can you tell me more about pregnancy and child-rearing?
- What kind of problems relate to the reproductive system?
- How do different contraceptives work and how do they affect the body?
- What can I do if my partner won’t use protection?
For many of these questions, there’s no ‘standard’ answer that applies to everyone, which is why we’re here to guide you. Whatever issues you’re facing, we’ll help you sort through them, whether it’s with information, sexual health services or help with unplanned pregnancy. Taking charge and being empowered means that sometimes you need to ask for help, and that’s exactly where Marie Stopes come in.
Let us answer all your sexual health questions
Risk-free sex is one of the greatest pleasures in life, so don’t deprive yourself because you’re scared, unsure or shy about asking questions. Here at Marie Stopes, it’s our job to answer all your queries and put your mind at ease so you can stay protected. Best of all, it’s super easy: you can simply book an appointment online.
Marie Stopes is here to help. You can call or send us messages on Facebook, Twitter or Email
Latest posts by Marie Stopes South Africa (see all)
- Biggest Tinder Profile Mistakes - May 9, 2018
- Do antibiotics really affect the efficacy of the pill? Here’s what you need to know - January 16, 2018
- 4 Ways to become more sex positive in 2018 - January 13, 2018