Valentine’s Day can be one of the sexiest days of the year, even if you’re single (read our smart guide to fun hook-ups here). With expectations so high, here’s our foolproof plan for making it sizzling, steamy and oh-so-unforgettable.
How to make your Valentine’s Day sex even hotter
- The pros know that sexual attraction and arousal starts in the brain. Get your partner fired up with some saucy texts throughout the day. Sexting will boost anticipation and excitement for the night ahead.
- Prior to the main event, set the mood by savouring someaphrodisiacslike chocolate, cherries, strawberries and whipped cream. Dig out that tub of chocolate sauce and let your imagination go wild!
- Don’t overeat – rather save a big meal for after sex (no one feels like bedroom acrobatics when they’re bloated). However, feeding each other little nibbles of mouth-watering treats can be a delicious addition to your foreplay.
- Before you get it on, talk about the things you’d like to do to each other. Open the lines of communication and make sure you’re both on board and in agreement. The sexting you did earlier in the day will be a huge help here. You can also demonstrate using your sexy snacks.
- Choose an exciting location. You don’t have to splurge on a hotel room; just do it somewhere you usually wouldn’t. It adds to the thrill of the experience.
- If the location allows, start off with a bubble bath or a skinny dip. Having a shower together in the morning can also be a great way to set the tone for the day.
- Don’t over-accessorise. There’s no need to spend a ton on lingerie or fancy jewellery, and expensive perfumes and body products are unnecessary. In the heat of the moment, you won’t want to worry about ripping something pricey or figuring out how to undo a tricky clasp. And never underestimate the allure of your body’s natural scent.
- Be prepared. The steamiest sex is the kind that comes without niggling concerns about things like STIs or unplanned pregnancy. So prep ahead: sort out your contraceptives and condoms before Valentine’s Day, and you can be spontaneous on the 14th of February and enjoy every second of the fun.
Need discreet contraceptive advice to make your Valentine’s Day sex super steamy and carefree? Pop into your nearestMarie Stopes centreand we’ll help you to stay safe so you can focus on having a great time. You can also book an appointment online.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Latest posts by Marie Stopes South Africa (see all)
- Biggest Tinder Profile Mistakes - May 9, 2018
- Do antibiotics really affect the efficacy of the pill? Here’s what you need to know - January 16, 2018
- 4 Ways to become more sex positive in 2018 - January 13, 2018